Re: Converting Mathematica to MS Word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51723] Re: Converting Mathematica to MS Word
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at sdc.cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:15:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mark:

If you are using a version of mathematica that can Save or Export to (XHTML
or XML) with MathML. Then I would start there. A while back I think I
answered a post that was the converse of your question (Word to
Mathematica). My suggestion involved Using OpenOffice as the intemediary. I
think it is possible to go from Mathematica to Word. Where you would have
problems are with the MathML, Graphics, and Equation Numbering and
Footnotes. This is why I would stick to using open office
First OpenOffce is free. Download it if you don't have it already.

Save you Notebook as XHTML+MathML then open in OpenOffice Writer. If all
goes well then export it as a Microsoft Word doc.

There are many things I am over looking but this would be my approach.
Hans
news:clsu0u$3rt$1 at smc.vnet.net...