Re: Create subscript box by keyboard

On 9/1/04 at 1:49 AM, rxqvw at yahoo.co.jp (Chihiro Kuraya) wrote:

>I would like to know how to create subscript box in notebook by
>only keyboard without clicking palettes by mouse.

With Mathematica 5.0 running on MacOS 10.3.5 I do this using cntrol-shift-minus. That is the control key, shift key and key just right of the 0 key at the same time. This generates a subscript box into which you can type a subscript. Exiting the subscript box is done with contol-shift-space.

I believe the same keystrokes can be used to achieve the same effect with versions 3.0 and later of Mathematica (I didn't test this). I don't know if the keystrokes to do this vary between platforms.