Re: Create subscript box by keyboard

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50404] Re: [mg50392] Create subscript box by keyboard
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 04:34:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Chihiro,

To enter x with a subscript i just type:  x Ctrl _ i Ctrl space. Where _ is
the underscore character above the minus sign on the keyboard. Ctrl space
moves you out of the subscript box, or you can use the arrow key ->.

There are many other box structures that are entered with the Ctrl
character. For example powers can be entered by, for example, x Ctrl ^ 2
Ctrl space.  Check out section 1.1.7 in The Book, although I notice they
don't mention subscripts there.

You can also look up SubscriptBox in the Help browser.

If you do a lot with subscripts and run into problems you may want to check
out the SubscriptSymbols package on MathSource at the WRI site.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Chihiro Kuraya [mailto:rxqvw at yahoo.co.jp]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hi,

I would like to know how to create subscript box in notebook
by only keyboard without clicking palettes by mouse.

Subscript is often used when writing textbook,
so I tired with clicking palettes again and again ...

Thank you.
Chihiro Kuraya
GANBARE! NIPPON!
Yahoo! JAPAN JOC OFFICIAL INTERNET PORTAL SITE
http://mail.ganbare-nippon.yahoo.co.jp/