Re: Two questions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50566] Re: Two questions
  • From: "Mark Westwood [EPCC]" <markw at epcc.ed.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 04:06:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Steve,

Hope this is some use:

1) 'Subsection' is a style to apply to a cell.  Insert a cell at the
desired point in your notebook and Format | Style.  That will give you a
cell with the 'Subsection' formatting, it may also create a cell group
which includes the following cells.  If it does not and you want to have
the following cells grouped under the heading, then  you have to delve
into the notebook style sheet and fiddle aroung with the Grouping or
SectionGrouping settings.  If this is mystery to you let me know and
I'll try to explain in more detail, but it is very poorly documented and
I'm not entirely sure I understand it very well.

2) Look in the help browser under StyleForm, there are some very good
examples of how to use the function.  I often define a Prolog for
setting defaults for plot labels and the like.

Regards
Mark Westwood