- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50583] Re: NestList
- From: p-valko at tamu.edu (Peter Valko)
- Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:44:33 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am suggesting a solution:
fun1[x_,n_]:=(Print["now I know that n=",n];fun[x]);
now I know that n= 1
now I know that n= 2
now I know that n= 3
Namrata Khemka <namrata.khemka at gmail.com> wrote in message news:<chpa26$jt6$1 at smc.vnet.net>...
> Hello everyone,
> I have a question regarding NestList function.
> I am applying a function on the expression n times.
> NestList [function, expr, n]
> However in my function I would like to know what is the current value
> of n. In other words I would like to know what iteration it is on.
> Is this possible?
> Thanks in advance.
> Namrata Khemka
Prev by Date:
Evaluating integral for magnetic field intensity using mathematica
Next by Date:
Re: Cell write protect?
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: NestList
Next by thread:
Matrix calculation causes memory usage to jump