Re: Cell write protect?

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 04:06:51 -0400 (EDT), Steve Gray wrote:
> Is there a way to prevent a cell from accidentally being deleted or
> modified? Like a write
> protect? I see that turning Cell Edit off does not prevent deleting.
> Thanks for any information.
>
> Steve Gray

Format->Option Inspector

With the scope set to 'selection', look under Cell Options->General
Properties.  With the cell (or cells) you want to make undeletable, change
Deletable->False, then Editable->False.  Note that you have to do it in
this order, as once you set Editable->False on a cell, you can't make any
other changes to it until you set Editable->True again.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group