Re: Cell write protect?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50587] Re: [mg50575] Cell write protect?
- From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:44:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: jfultz at wolfram.com
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 04:06:51 -0400 (EDT), Steve Gray wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a cell from accidentally being deleted or > modified? Like a write > protect? I see that turning Cell Edit off does not prevent deleting. > Thanks for any information. > > Steve Gray Format->Option Inspector With the scope set to 'selection', look under Cell Options->General Properties. With the cell (or cells) you want to make undeletable, change Deletable->False, then Editable->False. Note that you have to do it in this order, as once you set Editable->False on a cell, you can't make any other changes to it until you set Editable->True again. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc.