MathGroup Archive 2004

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Some printing questions

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50621] Some printing questions
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 02:19:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've looked and can't find how:

1. To make a numeric value print with leading zeroes or leading spaces with a specified number of
print columns used. (I used to know the answer but can't find it.)

2. To make a succession of Print lines appear without each one being in a separate cell.

3. To print so that I can control the typeface, size, etc.

4. To print as one can in C, whose Print will delay printing until you put in an Enter. I wish Mathematica
did that; it makes it  much easier to combine things from different places in your code on one line.

5. To use MatrixForm and have ColumnWidths (etc.) work as I think they should based on the Help
files. (Help says that ColumnWidths applies only to BoxForm, which seems to have other limitations.)

6. Is there some good source of info on this general topic? I keep needing answers to these and
similar questions. The general question is how to format printing exactly the way I want - nothing
too fancy or complicated.

I've read Help until it's obvious I am not going to find these answers. Looking at
Options[MatrixForm] does not tell me what I need. Thanks for any tips. 

Steve Gray

• Prev by Date: Simplify[ {Re[Sqrt[-1 + eta^2]], Im[Sqrt[-1 + eta^2]]}, eta<1]
  • Next by Date: Re: parallel NMinimize[]
  • Previous by thread: Re: Re: Simplify[ {Re[Sqrt[-1 + eta^2]], Im[Sqrt[-1 + eta^2]]}, eta<1]
  • Next by thread: Notebooks for Junior High School Math