problem rendering GIF formatted files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50676] problem rendering GIF formatted files
  • From: Jean Pierre Tollenboom <jp at tollenboom.be>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:15:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Group,

I encountered this curious problem.

A Mathematica code produces a GIF formatted file containing text objects
and other graphics.
When this code is executed from a notebook, the rendering is perfect:
Text fonts and colours are ok.
But, when the same code is executed directly from the Kernel using a
MathML mechanism, and thus without first launching the Notebook
interface, the rendering is wrong: fonts and font colours are lost.

In the code the font and colours are set with the TextStyle option.

I guess that the Notebook Interface initializes a some of params, wich
are not set when the Kernel alone is launched.

Any idea how to catch this one?

Regards,

JP

--