Re: Primed Variables in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50699] Re: [mg50652] Primed Variables in Mathematica
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:16:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Interesting typographical issue here (I won't respond to the issue of
using primed variables).

TraditionalForm[f'] gives an entirely pleasing, raised prime.
TraditionalForm[f''] does, too.
TraditionalForm[f'''] gives an appealing rendering of f with a
superscript (3).

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305