Re: how do I display "Power[z,-1]" in an exponetial form?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50732] Re: how do I display "Power[z,-1]" in an exponetial form?
- From: dumstuck at gmx.ch (dumstuck at gmx.ch)
- Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 05:48:41 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
you're right, and the results satisfies me only partially. I would rather try to "unprotect" the "Power" function and modify it: It seems that the "Power" function decides to display the result in a fractional form if the second argument is numerical. In fact, Power[z, -2 x] Power[z, -Sqrt] Power[z, -Pi] are all diplayed in an exponential form, whereas Power[z, -56789] Power[z, -N[Sqrt]] Power[z, -N[Pi]] are all diplayed in a fractional form. Do you know if it is possible to accés the function?