"Evaluate from top down to specific cell" Command (interface suggestion to Wolfram)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50953] "Evaluate from top down to specific cell" Command (interface suggestion to Wolfram)
- From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 03:15:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I've posted before about how handy it would be when you're debugging your way down through a long notebook cell by cell to have a quick way to Select and Evaluate from the top of the notebook down to the cell you're currently in, but not beyond. Looking at the Evaluate menu command (Mac version, anyway) I note there are several variations on this command with different keyboard equivalents, and that amazingly the "Option-Enter" combination seems to be still un-used. What an ideal combination for the functionality described above! -- "Enter" evaluates the cell you're in; "Option-Enter" evaluates all preceding cells and that cell. Would Wolfram take that as a suggestion? Also, I know I can define and save such a menu/keystroke combination myself as part of my own customized default setup of Mathematica, but I've never learned all the intricacies of doing this. Any helpful expert from this group want to post a recipe for doing this? If so, thanks much.