Re: Numerical accuracy of Hypergeometric2F1

I wanted to calculate Integrate[x^100/(x+2),{x,0,2}] and even the sign
of the result is just negatvie. The reason is the same as above: Mathematica
calculates the integral symbolically, using a hypergeometric function,
then (s)he is unable to numerically evaluate it.
I got the good result if I used NIntegrate.
Janos Toth
Dept Math Anal
Budapest Univ Technol Ecol.