<< "DiscreteMath`GraphPlot`"
In[72]:=
datgp = (#1[[1]] ->
       #1[[2]] & ) /@
     Partition[dat, 2, 1];

<< RealTime3D`
In[73]:=
GraphPlot3D[datgp,
   "RootPosition" -> Center,
   Method -> "Automatic"]

to it, then you can see different "solids" in 3D.  With base 8 it is
not a cube, but something else.  With base 10000 Show@Graphics will
give a knewling camel and GraphPlot3D will give some "solar flares".

Now if you go with the base way beyond 15000, then GraphPlot3D will
show Big Bang backwards.  150001 gives an indication how the dark
matter distribution is and 1500009 shows what was the situation
before "enlightenment".  Finally at  base 105000009 I can see that
the whole Universe were created from a necktie :)

It is also interesting to see how it is changing when you do it with
base 2.5 and with 5/2.

János