Problem with evaluation of Besel Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55963] Problem with evaluation of Besel Functions
  • From: Ariel sumeruk <ariel.sumeruk at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:26:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello
I am having a problem evaluating various functions, One example is the following

BesselJ[1.5, 0] evaluates to 0 but
(BesselJ[xx, yyy] /. xx -> 1.5) /. yyy -> 0 evaluates to complex infinity

I seem to encounter many of these problems with Bessel and Legendre
functions where I get actual diffrent numerical results depending on
How I set the parameters.
Thanks for anyone who might help
Ariel