Re: OSX version of Extrapackages folder

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55962] Re: OSX version of Extrapackages folder
  • From: Roger Bagula <rlbagulatftn at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:26:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I asked this very same question (phrased a little differently).
In your computer name file ( Users directory in unix has two: Shared and
the name you gave your computer when you set it up)
you'll find
Users/computername/Library/Mathematica/Applications/
That is where you put what are called the m files for add on packages.
It works here with stuff I had in my Classic packages folder.
That where it will look first when you ask it to get the package.
It appears that you can have subdirectories in that folder as well.

--
Roger L. Bagula       email: rlbagula at sbcglobal.net  or
rlbagulatftn at yahoo.com
11759 Waterhill Road,
Lakeside, Ca. 92040    telephone: 619-561-0814}