Mandrake 10.1 and Mathematica 5.0?

Is this really impossible to get this setup working?

I have a Mandrake 10.1 machine. I try installing Mathematica 5.0 and
doesn't encounter any problems what so ever. But when I try to start
mathematica, I get tons of erros concerning fonts, colors etc. It just
keeps on printing error boxes!

Isn't there any way to get this working?

A.