Font problems!

Hi again,

Just downloaded the newest trial version of Mathematica (5.1.1) and
installed it. This version works on Mandrake 10.1! But, I still get an
error concerning fonts. When I start mathematica I get this error in my
x-term:

xset:  bad font path element (#72), possible causes are:
     Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
     Directory missing fonts.dir
     Incorrect font server address or syntax

That disables me from writing (), {}, [] and important stuff like that!
Anyone with a solution?

A.