Re: Re: Re: Infinite sum of gaussians

Well, I still can't see what is wrong. Perhaps I have not been sleeping
enough. Maybe someone can help me resolve this puzzle:

Suppose f is a function analytic in the enitre compelx plain. Conisder
the function g[z_]:= Pi*f[z]*Cot[Pi*z]. This has poles at integer z
with residues equal to 1.  Now consider a large square with sides
parallel to the axes not passing through any integer real numbers and
integrate g[z] over it. By Cauchy's theorem the integral is
Sum[f[i],{i,-n,n}] where the interval from -n to n is the largest such
interval inside the square over which we are integrating. Now make
n->Infinity. This seems to show that Sum[f[i],{i,_Infinity,
Infinity}]==0. Now, for a fixed z apply this to f[w_]= E^(-(z-w)^2/2) .
This certainly analityic but we know Sum[E^((z-i)^2/2),{i,_Infinity,
Infinity}]=!=0.
So what has gone wrong here?

Andrzej