Re: Re: (x-y) DiracDelta[x-y] does not simplify to 0

Andrzej Kozlowski writes:

 > Since [use inside Integrate] is the only context in which [x
 > DiracDelta[x] == 0] is useful and makes sense, I can't see any
 > justification for your application of Simplify.

OK, I think I now understand what you say and I disagree with your
conclusion.  I indeed do find practical justifications for the use of
that identity and had so far to perform the simplifications manually.

Thanks you so much for the detailed explanations.  Thanks also to the
other contributors.

AC