Re: Can I make permanent font settings in Mathematica 5

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56396] Re: [mg56358] Can I make permanent font settings in Mathematica 5
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 01:16:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

> The font size for input in Mathematica is too small.  Can I
> change a global setting some where so that I can increase the
> font size for input, for example, to 14 and have it be that
> size every time I start it up after that?

Yes you can ....

The first way is to change the default magnification in the default
notebook.  You can do this by going to Edit->Preferences to open the Options
editor.  Searching for magnification should find Notebook options->Display
options and you can change the magnification here.

The second way is similar to the first but changes the default ScreenStyle.
You can do this by going to Edit->Preferences to open the Options editor.
Searching for ScreenStyle should find Notebook options->Display options and
you can change the ScreenStyleEnvironment to (say) presentation here.

The third way (prefered IMHO, but more involved) is to change the default
font size in the default notebook.    To do this, pick a style sheet you
like, then Format->Edit style sheet->Import private copy will give you a
sandbox to play in.  Find the input / Output Styles section & start playing.
When (if ...) you finally get the style sheet the way you want, you can use
it as the default by going Edit->Preferences to open the Options editor &
searching for DefaultStyleDefinitions.

Regards,

Dave.