Re: Working with huge text files with mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg56400] Re: Working with huge text files with mathematica
- From: Alain Cochard <alain at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de>
- Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:28:50 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Andrey Shevchuk <AShevchuk at Maplebank.com> writes: > Hi Everybody, > > I face a problem when try to read in a huge data file with my Mathematica5.1 > > The file is approx. 4Gb large and was created by another Mathematica > application (So, I think Mathematica should be able to handle it). > > Now, if I try to use Read on a stream from this file and it returns > EndOfFile and nothing else! > I checked the file with the HexEdit (an editor for huge files) and it is not > corrupt and has actually the data I need. > > A similar file (from the same application) but 1Gb works perfectly. > Any ideas? Have you tried by splitting the very file (not just a similar one) that causes problem? Maybe there is a problem somewhere that you don't see with hexedit.