diagonalizzation routine

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg56426] diagonalizzation routine
  • From: foice <foice@N0NSPAMMAR&>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:30:39 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi people, i'm trying to build a diagonalization routine by myself.
I'm partcularly interested in finding the transformation matrix
operating the change from the non diagonal form the diagonal one.

D=U^t * M * V

I'd like to express such a matrix as a rotation in order to find the
euler angles parametrizing such a transformation.

I need to apply this routine to hermitian and not hermitian matrix.
Do you know a ready to use solution to my problem?
a package for mathematica or notebooks developed fram mathematica
users doing the job?

google is avaricious in this matter, thanks for any help you would