Re: Re: to those interested in * finding * Mathematica help

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg56432] Re: [mg56403] Re: [mg55873] to those interested in * finding * Mathematica help
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:30:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Kindly explain your instructions more fully: If I make a bookmark with
that URL and select it, I get a Google page with lots of entries from

If in the Firefox addresss bar I now type, e.g., "mhelp
NVariationalBound" (without the quotes), I get a page that begins:

Did you mean: help NVariationalBound
No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.
Your search - mhelp NVariationalBound - did not match any documents.

Chris Chiasson wrote:
> To Mathgroup FireFox users:
> If you make a bookmark with the following URL:
> and then fill in the keyword field for that bookmark as "mhelp", you
> can then type, for instance, "mhelp NVariationalBound" in the Firefox
> address bar to search the latest version of Mathematica help and The
> Book for "NVariationalBound".
> None of the quotation marks above should actually be entered.
> Regards,
> On 4/8/05, Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at> wrote:
>>Dear MathGroup,
>>Two Google search strings have come to light that enable quick
>>searching of the current documentation (full documentation + the book)
>>and the user archive forums (all forums, including student and
>>example documentation search which finds information on the function
>>nvariationalbound inurl:mathematica
>>example user forums search for assertion of assumptions:
>>This information has been cross posted to the Mathematica Users Wiki:
>>Chris Chiasson
>>Kettering University
>>Mechanical Engineering
>>Graduate Student