MapThread Replace?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56451] MapThread Replace?
  • From: leigh pascoe <leigh at cephb.fr>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:32:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup,

Thanks to your help I have a list of 2x2 symbolic matrices involving the
variables (x,y) generated by substituting the constants (a,b,c,d,e,f,g)
from a list of such constants

In[10]:=
m:={{-D[D[L,x],x],-D[D[L,x],y]},{-D[D[L,y],x],-D[D[L,y],y]}}//MatrixForm

In[11]:=
mats=N[m /. subs]

I also have a list of (y,x} values corresponding to each matrix in the
list. I would like to substitute each (x,y) pair in the corresponding
matrix and invert the resulting matrix to produce a list of the 2x2
inverses of the original matrices.

I can invert the matrices symbolically with

In[16]:=
Map[Inv[#]&,mats]

but I can't seem to find the correct command/syntax to substitute the
corresponding (x,y) pair, either before or after the inversion step. Any
suggestions appreciated.

Leigh