Using BarChart in a Widget

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56461] Using BarChart in a Widget
  • From: "Brett Patterson" <muckle.moose at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:33:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

Can someone please help to diagnose this problem:

I can't get a BarChart plot to display in an ImageLabel Widget.

When I display a ListPlot graphic in an ImageLabel Widget using the
following test code, the result is correct:

GUIRunModal[
  Widget["Panel", {
       Widget["ImageLabel", {
          "data" ->
      Script[ExportString[ ListPlot[{0, 1, 2},
        DisplayFunction ->
          Identity], "GIF",  ConversionOptions -> {"
              Transparency" -> GrayLevel[1]}]] }]
       } ]
     ]

However, when I change the plot function to BarChart, the widget
doesn't work anymore and there is no graphic displayed, only the
expression is printed:

GUIRunModal[
  Widget["Panel", {
       Widget["ImageLabel", {
          "data" ->
      Script[Needs["
        Graphics`Graphics`"]; ExportString[ BarChart[{0, 1,
          2}, DisplayFunction ->
             Identity], "
              GIF",  ConversionOptions -> {"Transparency" -> GrayLevel[
              1]}]] }]
       } ]
     ]

Regards,