Re: Floor Not An Integer?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg56519] Re: Floor Not An Integer?
- From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 02:40:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, Floor[x] is a symbolic expression, only for a x with a numeric value it *evaluate* to an integer. Regards Jens "Scott Guthery" <sguthery at mobile-mind.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d4msf0$233$1 at smc.vnet.net... > I'm trying to use some of the NumericalMath > approximations such as > MiniMaxApproximation and RationalInterpolation > with a function that > includes array references of the form > Array[[Floor[x]]]. The function > plots and evaluates just fine but the > NumericalMath functions are > reporting the error: > > "Part::pspec: Part specification Floor[x] is > neither an integer nor a > list of integers." > > whereas the documentation states that Floor[x] > IS an integer. > > What am I missing? > > Thanks for any insight. > > Cheers, Scott >