Re: Not getting numeric answer to simple division

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56617] Re: [mg56592] Not getting numeric answer to simple division
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:27:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Paul,

Is this what you mean?

3/2
N[%]
3/2
1.5

If you want decimal answers, just use N on your expression.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Paul Hughes [mailto:psidoc at gmail.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Does anyone know how to get a numeric answer to a simple division problem?

Even if I have a very complex problem, the moment I place the division
symbol '/' into the equation, my answer always comes out as   a/b in
some form.

Paul