Visualizing the "10th planet"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59227] Visualizing the "10th planet"
  • From: Jeff Bryant <jeffb at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 03:14:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

With all the media attention on the newly announced "10th planet" a.k.a.
2003 UB313, I thought I'd create a couple of animations that shows the
new object's orbit compared to some other solar system objects.

For orientation, the white orbit is Pluto, the red orbit is 2003 UB313,
and the light blue orbit belongs to Sedna, the current record holder for
most distant solar system object.

http://members.wri.com/jeffb/visualization/ss-rotate.shtml

-Jeff