Re: Some bugs in Mathematica

Selwyn Hollis wrote:
> Re (1):  Mathematica 5.2 does not return the incorrect 0 result.
> Versions 5.0 and 5.1 do.

> Re (2):  After doing a little digging, I can't find any reference to
> how an Appell F1 ever reduces to a logarithm. I'm curious as to what
> exactly is the answer you wish to obtain.

You can look up the results in any table of integrals. It can be
presented in a number of ways. One of them is ArcTanh of a fraction
with numerator of one square root and denominator of another square
root. Another option of the answer is logarithm of the sum of square
roots.

> Re (3): Again, what elementary result are you expecting?

Example 3 is the same as example 2, so you just substitute the upper
limit of the integration and subtract the lower limit of integration.

Sincerely,

Alex