Re: Some bugs in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59347] Re: Some bugs in Mathematica
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 01:29:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 8/5/05 at 1:22 AM, akhmel at hotmail.com wrote:

>I do not accept your remark that your newsgroup is not the right
>place to expose Mathematica bugs. It looks like you're being paid
>by Mathematica and are trying to shut up any criticism. It just
>doesn't look good.

You apparently have given little thought about what it means to maintain software and track bugs. In order to fix bugs and maintain software several things need to occur. Amoung these are a method of logging the bug so that efforts to fix it can be tracked and documented.

>Mathematica definitely needs improvement and their staff should be
>grateful to people like myself, who points out their mistakes.

Undoubtedly, they do appreciate knowing about bugs so they can be corrected. But this forum isn't the place to report them. There can be no assurance problems discussed here are logged in a manner that will get them fixed.