Solving matrix equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59427] Solving matrix equations
  • From: "Ramier" <wissam2 at online.fr>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 03:30:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi everyone,

I've got some linear equations to solve and I don't really know how to
do it
Is it possible to solve such an equation with Mathematica :

v_n=v_0.P^n

where v_n and v_0 are two vectors of m-components and P is a mxm matrix
(in the problem i'm studying, m is about 100). I know v_n,v_0 and n and
i wanna get P.

I would be also interested to find n, knowing P.

I looked at the functions LinearSolve and LinearSolveFunction but I
didn't really worked out the thing. And I'm not really skilled with
Mathematica, I never used it before !

If you have some ideas...

Thanks.