Re: Combining a ListDensityPlot that uses a userdefined color function with a graphics 'looses' the userdefined colorfunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59691] Re: Combining a ListDensityPlot that uses a userdefined color function with a graphics 'looses' the userdefined colorfunction
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:16:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

myArray = Table[Sin[x*y], {x, 1, 40}, {y, 40}] //
N;
den = ListDensityPlot[myArray, Mesh -> False,
DisplayFunction -> Identity,
ColorFunction -> (Hue[0.5*#] &)];

Show[den, Graphics[{Blue, Thickness[0.01],
Line[{{10, 10}, {20, 20}}]}],
DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction]

Regards

  Jens

<hopeandjoyandpeace at hotmail.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:ddurhk$ogh$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Combining a ListDensityPlot that uses a
userdefined color function with
| a graphics 'looses' the userdefined
colorfunction

| for example
|
| myArray=Table[Sin[x*y],{x,1,40},{y,1,40}]//N;
| Max[myArray]
| ListDensityPlot[myArray,Mesh-> False]

Show[ListDensityPlot[myArray,Mesh->False,ColorFunction->GrayLevel,ColorFunctionScaling->False],Graphics[{Blue,Thickness[0.01],Line[{{10,10},{20,20}}]}]]

| Gives three density graphics but only one of
them appears to uses the
| colorfunction of GrayLevel.
|
| We have version 5.1
| How can I combine the image resulting when I
define my own
| colorFunction with another graphics without the
image changing the way