Re: The updated version of Notations Package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59954] Re: [mg59928] The updated version of Notations Package
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 04:53:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have long ago given up using the Notation palette because of
recurring problems of this kind. In the past I had awful and
embarrassing problems when notebooks that worked perfectly with
earlier versions of Mathematica stopped working with newer versions
(just when I was giving a conference talk). In addition if you change
your Default Input FormatType a notebook that uses the Notation
Package may stop working. I have had more problems with this package
than with all other Mathematica packages put together and I do not
think that the benefits if offers are anywhere near being worth the
awful headaches that it has given me.

So my recommendation is to just forget it.

Andrzej Kozlowski