Re: Re: Re: (Laplace equation)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59972] Re: [mg59865] Re: [mg59766] Re: (Laplace equation)
  • From: Ferdinand Cap <Ferdinand.Cap at uibk.ac.at>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 04:11:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You may find solutions of boundary value problems of
partial diff. equ. without using finite elements or
similar methods, but using collocation methods together
with Mathematica and downloadbale codes in
Mathematical Methods in Physics and Engineering
using Mahtematica, CRC PRess, 2003, ISBN
1-58488-402-9.COdes may be donwloaded from
www.crcpress.com, containing closes and-or
analytical expressions.

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Jose Luis Gomez wrote:

>>> "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote in message
>>> news:ddscf6$ai1$1 at smc.vnet.net...

>>> Well, I think I'll go back to using direct numerical/mesh based
>>> methods.
>
> Consider Finite Element Method (FEM), there is a free library for using F=
EM