How to assembly a stiffness matrix ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60066] How to assembly a stiffness matrix ?
  • From: Francesco <emailnonvalida at email.it>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 02:32:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a structure ( i.e. a crane ). I split the structure in a certain
number of simple elements ( shaft or beam ).
For each element i can build a local stiffness matrix of 12x12 element.
Then i need to assembly this little matrixes in the big structure
matrix. Dimension of the structure matrix is equale to: ( number of
nodes x 6 ). nodes are cross point between elements.

Each element matrix has a specifical location in the big matrix.

How i can assembly the big structure matrix, starting by the single
element matrix ?
What i want to input is only the dimension of the structure matrix and
the data of each single element matrix. The big structure matrix should
be calculated by Mathematica.

Thanks in adavance for help and sorry for my very bad english

Regards,

Francesco