Re: 3-state markov process

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62692] Re: [mg62646] 3-state markov process
  • From: <bsyehuda at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:09:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Monica,
You probably mean MMPP (Markov Modulated Poisson Process) or IPP
(Interrupted Poisson Process), which are well known models for traffic
sources for communication networks.
However, do not expect too much on the side of closed form analytic
solutions for the queue behavior of the router under discussion.
In these cases of bursty sources, simulations will be a more reasonable
solution.

There are many references on the WEB. However, this is certainly not a
Mathematica Issue, as your question was phrased
I hope this is of help for you
yehuda