Re: Using The Random Function to predict Things

Hi,

lst = Table[Random[Integer], {5000000}];

threes = Count[ll = Apply[Plus, Partition[lst, 3,
1], {1}], 3];

and

N[threes/Length[ll]]

gives you the probability for three 1 in turn.

Regards

  Jens

"mathuser" <fieryashish at gmail.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dnbn04$5qv$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Hi there friends...
| I used this line of code "typicalList =
Table[Random[Integer], {50}]" and got this
result...

| {1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1,
1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, \
| 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1,
0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1}

| By generating a few more of these random lists,
I'm to predict a similiar situation: such as how
long i would expect to wait for 3 heads in a coin
tossing competition...

| any suggestion or help as to what code i could
use to do this?