Re: Assign a value to a variable

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg63028] Re: Assign a value to a variable
  • From: "Tammo Jan Dijkema" <tammojan at>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 04:56:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I think your code does work, however, it only assigns one value to one
variable. You would need to run through the entire list of variables to
get what you want. Note that it is not necessary to "shuffle" both left
and right hand side of the equals side. Here's a simple one-liner that
does the trick also:

Evaluate[Sort[vars, If[Random[] < 1/2, False] &]] = numbers;

The Sort function with the Random[] inside takes care of the shuffling.

Tammo Jan Dijkema