Re: Re: Skewness problem

Klaus G. wrote:

>Dear Leigh,
>
>please see
>http://www.wiwi.uni-muenster.de/statistik/download/vorlesungen/empwifo/kapitel_2.pdf
>See fig. 5 on page 18:
>When you compare the histogram in the middle and the lower histogram it
>looks like we have the same sample data, arranged in two different
>ways, from left to right and vice versa.
>The skewnesses are +0.866 and -0.895. I am confused.
>
>Klaus

Dear Klaus,

I'm sorry I can't really comment on the .pdf document you posted, my
german is essentially non existent. However a histogram for a set of
points does not depend on the order in which you write the points, as
others have noted in response to your question. Try calculating the
skewness of some small samples by hand and plotting the histograms and
perhaps you will get a better understanding of these.

LP