How to cope with tiny numbers in FindRoot
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg63152] How to cope with tiny numbers in FindRoot
- From: dkjk at bigpond.net.au
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 07:14:11 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi group, I'm trying to numerically determine the solution of an equation whose coefficients are of the order 10^-100 or less. I've been running into all sorts of errors relating to MaxIterations and step size but so far I haven't been able to find any useful information in the Mathematica book. If you're interested in the notebook i'm using, you can find it here: http://users.bigpond.net.au/jdstokes/theory2.nb Thanks James.