Reduce bug?

In[22]:=$Version
Out[22]=5.2 for Microsoft Windows (June 20, 2005)

Trying to reduce the following simple non-algebraic equation, I get the
following:
In[7]:=
Reduce[4^n*(n - 1)*(n - 2) == 0, n]
Out[7]=
True

This is of course a bit odd since e.g. when n = 0,
In[23]:=
4^n*(n - 1)*(n - 2) == 0 /. n -> 0
Out[23]=
False

It seems that this problem occurs not only with 4^n in the equation but
more generally for even integers other than -2, 0 and 2. I had a look
through the archives but could not find a related entry on a first
glance.