Re: Retaining variable/function expressions from session to session

"Charles Ashley" <cka2 at adelphia.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
dp2oe8$8q7$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Hi,
|

| Is it possible to have variables and functions retain their assigned
| expressions from session to session?  I'm working on a problem that
| consists of a dozen variables and it seems odd that Mathematica
| "forgets" the expression that I've assigned to each variable when I
| close out of a session.  To date my solution has just been to "remind"
| Mathematica of the assigned expression by reevaluating it each time I
| start a new session, but there must be a better way.

Hi Charles,

The following section of the _Mathemetica Book_ may be of interest: "2.12.1
Reading and Writing Mathematica Files."
http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/book/section-2.12.1

Best regards,
/J.M.