Re: Retaining variable/function expressions from session to session
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg63435] Re: Retaining variable/function expressions from session to session
- From: "Jean-Marc Gulliet" <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 06:40:33 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, U.K.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Charles Ashley" <cka2 at adelphia.net> a écrit dans le message de news: dp2oe8$8q7$1 at smc.vnet.net... | Hi, | | | | Is it possible to have variables and functions retain their assigned | expressions from session to session? I'm working on a problem that | consists of a dozen variables and it seems odd that Mathematica | "forgets" the expression that I've assigned to each variable when I | close out of a session. To date my solution has just been to "remind" | Mathematica of the assigned expression by reevaluating it each time I | start a new session, but there must be a better way. | Hi Charles, The following section of the _Mathemetica Book_ may be of interest: "2.12.1 Reading and Writing Mathematica Files." http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/book/section-2.12.1 Best regards, /J.M.