Re: Algebra of Einstein velocity addition

Paul,

thanks for your comprehensive answers.

Unfortunately, I'm having difficulties finding the article you mentioned
(The Mathematica Journal 8(3) page 402) on the internet. As I'm
subscriber I can find vol. 8, 3 but I'm stuck with "page 402".
Could you please tell me title and author of the article?

Thanks and regards,
Wolfgang

)

Paul Abbott wrote:

> In article <ctai4a$c0d$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
>  "Dr. Wolfgang Hintze" <weh at snafu.de> wrote:

[snip]

> In special relativity, the (vector) rapidity parameter, Xi, is defined by
>
>    Xi = v/Norm[v] ArcTanh[Norm[v]]
>
> where the vector v is the relative velocity (in units where c = 1)
> between moving reference frames (see The Mathematica Journal 8(3) page
> 402).

[snip]