Please Help make flat buttons for table Graphic

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53879] Please Help make flat buttons for table Graphic
  • From: "OKULA Danielle" <DOKULA at it-external.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 04:08:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I am trying to make a flexible Table Graphic that I will eventually be using
in a GraphicsArray.  I like the GridBox since it has all the options that
I need (column spacing, alignement, lines etc.)
I made each individual cell with Buttonboxes so that I can control their
background color individually.  The problem is that when I turn my gridbox
into a graphic, my buttonboxes turn into ugly buttons with frames :

In[29]:=
mat={{a,b,d,e},{f,g,h,i},{j,k,l,m}};
buttonMat=
    Map[Map[ButtonBox[#,Background\[Rule]RGBColor[1,0,.5],
              ButtonFrame\[Rule]Palette]&,#]&,mat];
gridMat=DisplayForm[GridBox[buttonMat,ColumnSpacings\[Rule]0]]
Show[Graphics[Text[gridMat,{0,0}]]];

What can I do to either create flat buttons (with no frames in graphic mode),
or to build my Gridbox with cells that have different background colors ?

Thank you in advance,

Danielle Okula