New Web Site for Mathematica Users using WikiMedia

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53873] New Web Site for Mathematica Users using WikiMedia
  • From: "Barthelet, Luc" <lucb at ea.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 04:08:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Announcement: http://www.mma-users.org/

We know through Mathgroup that the Mathematica community is very active.
I recently opened a web site to complement the tools already available
to the community. This web site is exclusively about Mathematica amd

It is powered by Wikimedia which enables any user to modify any page on
the site, similarly to Wikipedia the encyclopedia, and it has been
modified to enable the upload (and download) of Mathematica notebooks.

A key goal of this web site is to promote interaction between
Mathematica users through sharing content and working together on
projects. I also hope to see users add their review of books and/or
Mathematica packages

I hope you will find the time to continue to contribute to mathgroup but
also to interact with the Mathematica users through the web site. I also
wonder if users will want to specialize a few pages for non English
communities.

I would like to thank Remi Barrere and Pierre Albarede who helped me put
together the skeleton of a first structure for the site. Obviously that
structure will evolve to reflect any new content.

Sincerely,

Luc Barthelet

P.S. Steve, thanks for letting me publish this on the mathgroup
dist-list.