Re: Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg53990] Re: [mg53980] Mathematica
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 00:45:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

The best thing is to give yourself a crash course in Mathematica before
attempting to use it in your work or studies. The best course is to work
through most of Part I of The Book, actually typing in commands and seeing
that they work. The only way to learn the syntax and the major commands is
to go through them and try them out.

A few good books are

1) The Beginner's Guide to Mathematica by Jerry Glynn and Theodore Gray

2) Mastering Mathematica by John W. Gray

3) Mathematica Navigator by Heikki Ruskeepaa

but The Book itself is the best source.

Also read Steven Wolfram's "Suggestions about Learning Mathematica" in the
beginning of The Book.

David Park
djmp at

From: cheanglong at [mailto:cheanglong at]
To: mathgroup at

Hi All

Any one knows if there are any good summary of important command to be
use in mathematica with simple instruction and graphics to go along?
I just started using this software and hope to grab some basics.
The tutorial in the software not too appealing for me.
I do not know why

rgds and thanks