- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54073] PrimePowerQ
- From: seidovzf at yahoo.com (Zak Seidov)
- Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:46:03 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear Math gurus,
The algorithm for PrimePowerQ involves first computing the least prime
factor p of n and then attempting division by n until either 1 is
obtained, in which case n is a prime power, or until division is no
longer possible, in which case n is not a prime power.
But apparently smth wrong is here,
we should divide n by p, not (p?) by n.
Thanks a lot,
and please mail me your help
seidovzf at yahoo.com
Prev by Date:
Re: precision of numbers
Next by Date:
Re: Mathematica to TeX
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
A nasty 2x2 system of equations?