VertexStyle determined by List elements

Hi,

I have generated some large graphs with the Combinatorica Package,
and have a large List of different variables I would like to apply in the
VertexStyle command.

More specific, how can I get from typing by hand

SetGraphOptions[graph,{1,VertexStyle->Disk[var1]},
                      {2,VertexStyle->Disk[var2]},...
                   ...{N,VertexStyle->Disk[varN]}]

to a more sensible solution?

Best regards,