- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54218] 2D-Plot Colorings
- From: Bruce Colletti <vze269bv at verizon.net>
- Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:17:05 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Re Mathematica 5.1.
In plotting y = x^2 over [-1,1], I want to color red those points whose y-values are in [0.2, 0.4]. All others are blue.
Although I can do this by manipulating the FullGraphics object or by displaying separate plots, is there an easier way via some Plot option? ColorFunction doesn't seem to work (probably user error), and neither does the Plot3D convention in which shading is co-declared with the function.
Prev by Date:
finding out what Automatic was
Next by Date:
Re: FW: Monte Carlo status indicator
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: finding out what Automatic was
Next by thread:
Re: 2D-Plot Colorings