Re: Importing binary file is toooooo slow...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54222] Re: Importing binary file is toooooo slow...
- From: "J. K. Smith" <rob at pi-overe.com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:17:09 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I think it was early last year I upgraded to 4.2 and I guess now I'm gonna have to pay up again. I had hoped I wouldn't so soon run into one of the few things they improve in upgrades. On my code, I really thought I was just doing something stupid -- again. I love those rare occasions when I did something almost normal. Thanks to all who helped me. Best regards. J. K. Smith wrote: > I'm using v.184.108.40.206 -- > > I am importing (wrong word?) binary data from a file: > > << Utilities`BinaryFiles` > > y = ReadListBinary["filename", SignedInt16, > ByteOrder->LeastSignificantByteFirst]; > > The file is only 34k bytes long but it takes 16 seconds to do it. This > isn't a slow machine so clearly I'm doing something wrong again. > > I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make this thing sizzle as I > feel sure it can. Right now I'm dead if I have to do a big file. > > Thanks > > remove the dash if emailing >